In this week’s edition of the Fabulous Peltoncast, we discuss the Huskies and Seahawks combining for their largest margin of victory on the same weekend ever, a Sounders draw at L.A., preview the Seahawks’ big game at Houston this weekend, debate the merits of Coors Light and look at this week’s options on the fantasy football waiver wire.
The Fabulous Peltoncast is also now on iTunes! Download it to your devices and listen on the go.
This week’s topics:
3:00 Huskies/Seahawks combined blowouts and UW recap/preview
9:30 Seahawks vs. Jaguars recap
17:30 Seahawks at Texans preview
29:00 Coors Light debate and fall beer reviews
37:30 Fantasy football
Biggest combined margin of victory
The Huskies (56-0) and Seahawks (45-17) combined to win by 84 points this weekend. Previously, the largest combined margin Tristan found was the Huskies beating Kansas State 56-3 and the Seahawks beating Indianapolis 31-3 for a combined 81-point margin on Sept. 28 and 29, 1991. Alas, that still falls short of UW’s 120-point margin in a 120-0 win over Whitman on Oct. 25, 1919.
This week’s links:
– The Game wearing a Shawn Kemp jersey before punching Brandon Jennings
– Larry Stone on how losing to Arizona caused Steve Sarkisian to adapt an up-tempo offense
– Seahawks-Jaguars box score on pro-football-reference
– Football Outsiders playoff odds
– NFL rushing leaders through three games